Homeless with a Gym Membership

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Where Do I Start?

Well, where do I start? I guess for those of you who don't know yet, I am moving to Chicago next month. The kicker is yesterday I found out I have to be moved there by January 8th.

I am feeling overwhelmed like I have never felt before. In one week I have to have someone trained to take over my job in Las Vegas, pack for my trip home for the holidays, pack up my things to move 1700+ miles, find a place to live in IL, keep my current place clean so company can visit my Las Vegas home while I'm in Charlotte for the holidays, figure out what I am going to do with my cats if I have to live at the boss' house for a week or two while finding a place to live... And the list goes on and on.


I know, I know...Do I want some cheese with my whine or what? As my brother just said, "Jen, it always works out." He's right but I just can't seem to convince myself of it right now. And, thank God for my Daddy! My wonderful father is going to fly out to Las Vegas and help me drive to Chicago. Right now knowing that he is going to help me is the only thing keeping me sane.

I know once I am on the plane heading home to Charlotte for the holidays most of the decisions will be made and I will be able to relax. But if anyone calls me this week and I am either bitchy or crying I apologize in advance. Furthermore, if I call you PLEASE ANSWER it will probably be a voice you can barely understand through all the blubbering but just know it is me. There better be lots of wine and funny stocking stuffers when I get home!


I want to welcome my Great Aunt Mary Ellen to the blogosphere! I haven't taught her how to comment yet but expect some poignant words from this great published writer in time to come!




1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HOLA!--This is your long lost friend Alex. I should have known your ass could not stay in one place to long--CONGRATS on the job my honorary sista! I miss you so and think about you often. I am glad you posted that blog. Reading your entries is like reading Bridget Jones's Diary. HOLLA AT YOUR GIRL SOMETIME. Please know that when ever you feel you dont have a friend in the world, please remeber you ALWAYS have a friend in me!--talk you to later sometime..I HOPE!--ALEX--

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home