Homeless with a Gym Membership

Thursday, October 26, 2006

Part III

Still in Vegas...the delay was three hours long.

Once on the plane I took a Tylenol PM, I was determined to sleep on the flight. If my calculations are right I guess it will easily be 2:00 am before I am pulling back the covers of the bed and diving in and let's not forget the two hour time difference. Already knowing I had to be ready by 8:00 am the next morning for the big meeting I begin to feel anxious. One thing for sure I inherited from my mother is that I require eight hours of sleep at night. Definitely not four and definitely not four before a big business deal. Yes, I MUST sleep on the plane.

As luck would have it I managed to get a window seat on a booked flight. Anything is better than the middle seat. And the Tylenol PM is starting to kick in, just in time. It has been rough going so far but things are slowly starting to improve. As I am just about to nod off my seat rattles with a great intensity, then again. What the F?! We haven't even taken off yet so I know it is not turbulence. Yes, there are two children sitting behind me. And the one directly behind me is fascinated with the pull down tray and is slamming it down and putting it up and slamming it down and I am about to blow a gasket fo real y'all! The father is yelling at the kid to shut up and now of course the kid is crying. Have I ever mentioned that I HATE KIDS?!?!

I did not sleep on the flight.

1:15 am I touch down in Chicago. As previously predicted I did not get into my hotel room until 2:00 am. It is the most decadent room I have EVER stayed in and I will only be there for 6 hours. Must get sleep. By 2:20 am I am laying in bed totally wound up from the days events and growing ever more anxious as each minute ticks by. Must get sleep. I see 3:30 am click by on the clock and that is the last thing I remember. At 6:00 am the alarm clock sounds and I swear it seems like I have been sleeping for only 10 minutes.

The lack of sleep was counteracted by adrenaline. The meeting was a huge success! I played a much bigger role than I anticipated and I handled it with ease. I do love business.

The meeting was over, I was heading back to Las Vegas and I may even make it back in time for the date with the firefighter. Everything seemed right with the world. But as I told you at the beginning of this story the universe had already set the course for this trip and it was far from over yet.


To be continued one more time...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home