Homeless with a Gym Membership

Friday, October 20, 2006

Beast of Burden

Guilt - the single best word to describe not writing in my blog. I have become a rebel to my own cause. I don't write just to spite it.

Ok, I'm back. Maybe a monthly post will help me not feel so burdened down by having to log-on and be creative. The thing is I still think about my life and the zany way I perceive it in terms of writing everyday. I have this ongoing narrative playing in my head that cracks me up and I know some of it really should be captured in written word.

While I am here and already logged on (such a task) I will go ahead and write about my trip last week.

October 12, 2006. It all started at 2:00pm Thursday afternoon. I received a call from one of my bosses. They decide they NEED me for an important business deal that is going down tomorrow. That's me, the go to gal...not such a bad reputation I've made for myself.

I have exactly four hours from the beginning of that call to be on a plane that is scheduled to depart at 6:00pm for Chicago. Funny how life can change so drastically so fast. I'm not packed, or prepared or anything and for God sakes it is Thursday evening in Las Vegas! There will not be a parking spot at the airport to be found! Panic mode activate!

Upon my arrival to the airport my fear of not finding a parking spot is now reality. F it I'll valet, the company will be paying for it anyway, besides how much could valet cost for a less than 24 hour trip? Valet is full. Short Term parking is full. Long Term parking is full. The first economy lot is full and so is the second. Last lot, I pull in, I'm driving and scanning, driving and scanning, still driving, almost to the end, still driving. Wait, is that a spot? Hell no, I hate Miatas! Still scanning and driving. Finally, I swear I got the last spot at the airport and of course the shuttle is there and I still have to get out and get my bag. Run full on sprint to shuttle.

Little did I know this was just the beginning. The universe had determined the tone of the trip and there was nothing I could do to change it. All I could do was hang on TIGHT for the ride...

To be continued...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please leave the rest of the story about your trip. I am dying to hear what the universe had in store for you. Don't leave me dangling naked on a tree limb.

3:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home