Homeless with a Gym Membership

Monday, July 17, 2006

Was He Flirting With Me?

Now that I have my butt back at the gym I have a renewed self confidence. And thank God, hallelujah, praise the Lord for that! This confidence is maybe not so obvious to the average person but it shows it's self in several ways to me. I wear a little more cute, tight(er) tanks, shirts and pants, I hold my head up higher, I keep my shoulders back and my gut sucked in. I smile more, worry less and sleep better.

On Saturday I was at the grocery store and there was a very cute blond haired, blue eyed, tall hunk of a man stocking chips on the chip and soda aisle and I was looking at diet energy drinks to go in my vodka for a BBQ I would be attending later that evening. I was looking sassy dressed in chocolate brown cargo pants, a dark olive-y green tank with spaghetti straps and my blondish hair long and straight. We were the only ones on the aisle and he turns to me and says, "there sure are a lot to choose from." And he says it in a way that seems to imply he is flirting with me. Now, instead of looking him in the eyes and thinking of a quick, witty come back what do I say? I say and I quote, "Uh huh." Pick up a drink, throw it in my basket and scurry off.

Thoroughly disgusted with myself I wondered, "What happened to my renewed self confidence?" "I have never had a problem talking to anyone!" "Was he flirting with me?" "He was flirting with me wasn't he?!?" "Damn!" "Why didn't I say anything?"

We must seize life's little moments. Maybe he was and maybe he wasn't flirting with me but what is the harm in a little conversation with a fellow human being? You never know, you might make someones day a little less monotonous, gain a friend or you might even get a date out of it.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, you deserve someone smart, delicious, and kind. Keep your eyes open. While a grocery store stocker may not be out of the question, why not go for the owner of the entire grocery store chain (if he is single)? Think big. Energy follows energy.

Michael

4:30 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

I completely agree and while I did not write it in my blog my exact thoughts were, "Oh well, I have higher aspirations than a grocery store vendor anyway." No worries Uncle Mikey I am a little more she-she poo-poo than I used to be since I moved to Las Vegas and I will wait for the right kind of guy for me or I will remain single and fabulous!

4:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am enjoying this so much. Just want you to know that reading your blog is better than Scrabble. Do you mind if I give your blog address to some friends that would enjoy your thought process. I'm thinking Danie would really appreciate it.

Mom

4:55 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Mom,

Sure, feel free to pass my blog onto anyone who you think will enjoy it. Thanks!

2:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»

7:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Keep up the good work. thnx!
»

12:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home