Homeless with a Gym Membership

Friday, July 14, 2006

T Minus Three Hours Till Martinis

Today is Friday! I usually have attention deficit disorder on Fridays so it is amazing I am posting to the blog today. Even now I can't think of any one thing I would like to write about so here is the random crap rattling around in my head.
  • Terrorists suck. My friend Sanjay who is from Mumbai (Bombay) and now lives here in the US just informed me he lost a friend in the train bombings this week.
  • Damn it is hot outside. Right now it is 112 degrees in Las Vegas and the California wildfires have created a thick smokey haze over the valley. It is so smokey today it smells like a burned down house everywhere you go.
  • To my fans KathyKathleen and Michael thank you so much for encouraging my writing. I will most definitely get the books you recommended. Last year I wanted to start writing a book but I didn't get past what would be a good book jacket summary. I will re-read it and see if it is not too racy to post to the blog this weekend. Then again I told my family to read at their own risk so I think I will post it. Note to self: Give fair warning in title of posting so family will be aware of the material.
  • I have talked about my Mom in my blog but I haven't given a shout out to my wonderful and cool Dad. Dad, I love you!
  • My brother John has a new addition to his family a kitty named Sanchez. Ok, so it is really named peanut but that is a dumb name and I think it should be named Sanchez.
  • And last but certainly not least there are only three more hours until I am sipping on a Martini with my friends. God, I love Fridays.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen,

Count me among your fans. Your writing style touches the funny bones while dealing with topics and feelings that everyone can relate to. I'm thinking Erma Bombeck. By the way, as I remember it I thought Jenefer Edelen was a good name for a writer.
love you, Mom

6:53 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Now that you mention it the writer comment may sound vaguely familiar but it still seems that my recollection is the "in lights" comment. I remember two times you said something of that effect to me and maybe one of them was it was a good name for a writer. Can't say for sure but I do know my dramatic butt pictured Jenefer Edelen on a Broadway marquee.

2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»

5:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home