Homeless with a Gym Membership

Thursday, July 13, 2006

If You Would Like to Have a Life Please Hold for the Next Available Operator

I am in a perpetual state of hold. I hold off from dating until I lose weight. I hold off from going out with my friends until I am done cleaning the kitchen, bedroom and the bathroom. I hold off from going to the gym, store, library, movies, traveling, taking pictures, etc... when_____ (fill in the blank chore/insecurity) is DONE. I know in my mind it will never all be done because there will always be something but I still live my life on hold. What is the deal with this? I am going to try and be more aware of this hold I put on my life and start living life. I think I will begin living my life tomorrow after I clean the car, do the laundry and go to the gym.

By the way, I am responding to every one's comments and you can find them next to your responses. Just click on the comments link connected to the blog entry you commented on. Thanks!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen, YOU need to be a writer. Your entries are fun to read and evoke a lot of connection from the reader. Have you seriously thought of it? If you are not using this skill more, you may be wasting a huge God given talent. Go buy a book entitled: "Side Effects". It is written by Augusten Burroughs and you will love it. He writes about his life and in a way that you will be able to relate to. Trust me. Hope you have a great weekend. I look forward to your future postings. Oh, my best to Auntie Kathy and your funny little Mother who calls me "Mother Michael". I'll never let her off the hook for that one. Yes, she will live to regret that comment . . .

Michael

6:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

There are times when Michael and I may not agree on things, but we surely agree about this: Jen, you need to start writing and keep writing. That's how you get better and better.

After you've read Unckie Mikey's recommended book, please please buy a copy of The Artist's Way and follow the exercises. Or better still if you can grab some time off, take the course. Classes are offered all over the country.

KathyKathleen

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home