Homeless with a Gym Membership

Sunday, July 09, 2006

Homeless with a Gym Membership

Today is the first day of my blog (Mom blog means web log). I always wanted to write in a journal but blogging can be done anywhere, anytime and that works better for me. I do not expect anyone to read this blog except for friends and family members so here are a few rules I am going to follow...

Jen's Rules
1) Grammar and spelling do not have to be perfect.
2) I am NOT going to worry about what anyone thinks of what I write in my blog.

Reader's (Family's) Rules
1) Read at your own risk.
2) Please feel free to comment on my blog.

The title of my blog is an expression of how my generation lives and how at times I feel about myself and my life. Sometimes I just want to quit my job and join the peacecorps or live homeless, it has just got to be a simpler way to live. I am sick of "the man" and I am sick of 8-5 M-F with no real purpose. BUT, if I did just decide not to go into work one day I would quite literally be homeless with a gym membership. At least I could get a good shower in at the gym everyday!

I guess at the age of 32 I am asking myself the questiones every 30 something asks...... What is the purpose of my life? Is this what I want to do? Do I want to have children? - I am not sure I ask myself this question because I feel pressure to give my parents grandchildren or if in the future I will regret not having them.

So this blog will be my sounding board to sort it all out. Get it on paper so to speak. And, hopefully to get a little help from my friends that read my blog. And, who knows maybe one day I will show it to my children and tell them about my journey to a fufilled life.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen -- Hi. It's grandpa. Take it from one who knows -- just recording your thoughts, feelings and questions is the first step towards finding answers and peace of mind. Congratulations on taking the first step. If I can be of any help, let me offer this for starter: Im in my eighties and I've still got questions, concerns and doubts about my life. Don't let them overwhelm you at your age. Just keep sorting things out as you are doing and let the answers come as they may. And above all, always accentuate the positive. In the long un, it's all that matters. And always know that you are loved.

5:27 PM  
Blogger Jen said...

Grampa,

What do you mean you don't have all the secrets to life figured out yet? I was counting on you to give them to me. Now what am I going to do sort it out all by myself? What kind of Grampa are you anyway?

Just kidding. I know I will never have all answers figured out. Perhaps that is what makes life so damn interesting. As they say it is all about the journey not the destination.

I hope you are feeling better. Give my love to GG (that's her new sexy, sassy name, see if she likes it.) I miss and love you both very much and I hope to see you soon.

2:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home